Image Map

Saturday 22 October 2016

My Current Everyday Make-up Routine

I recently fell into a new everyday make-up routine. As a bonus, it was completely accidental - I was mucking around with a foundation that I could never get to look good on my skin and bingo I've got a new favourite look.


 After using Clinque's clarifying lotion and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturiser I use the Base Magique primer from L'oreal. This is one of my favourite primers ever. It makes the foundation apply so nicely and last really well. It truly does make my make-up last longer.


I forgot to include the next product in the main picture - d'oh! But I absolutely adore the Mecca Cosmetica To Save Face SPF50+ Superscreen. You can use this instead of moisturiser and primer if you are in a hurry, however I often use it between my Kiehl's moisturiser and Base Magique primer. It doesn't smell like sunscreen, feels beautiful on the skin and it acts as a primer, making your make-up apply really nicely. It also protects you from the sun which we all know is very important.


The foundation I keep making reference to is Clinique's Beyond Perfecting Foundation. This is the most expensive foundation I have ever brought and I was initially very disappointed with it. However, now that I have incorporated it into this new routine, I quite like it. It's a great colour match, it has good coverage and lasting power. It might even be my favourite / holy grail foundation! Stay tuned...

Using Elf's Complexion Brush (recommended by Emilynoel83 on Youtube, and if you don't watch her channel you should go and pay a visit to to it) I use Australis' Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder on top of it all.


Finally, I use Benefit's Coralista blush. I was previously not a fan of this blush but I've been really pleased with it lately. It's funny how this new routine uses so many products that I previously didn't love and now I do. 


I obviously then go in with mascara and lipstick but that changes from day to day. I will say though that Max Factor's Clump Defy mascara is a great mascara if you prefer mascaras with a drier formula, its an extremely dry mascara. My all-time favourite mascara is the Lash Sensational mascara from Maybelline.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog. I love and appreciate every comment I receive and will do my best to reply as soon as possible.